Riverdale Travel, one of the largest travel agencies in the US, is seeking FULL-TIME VACATION PLANNING TRAVEL ADVISORS. We will individually train hired applicants into becoming worldwide travel planning experts!
- Sell dream cruise and tour vacations to customers who call you
- Extensive individual training & support, over time making you a cruise & world destination expert
- Training pay is $15.00/hr. $30,000 per year to start, then $16-$18/hr at 3 months + performance bonus availability
- Earning potential opportunity of more than $60,000 per year with experience
- Travel at significant discount, sometimes even for Free
- Must train & initially work in Coon Rapids, MN HQ (no exceptions)
- Hybrid Work option considered after 6-9 months of in-office employment due to intensive training as a Travel Professional. Experienced Travel Professionals will be considered for Hybrid after completing a shorter training period, determined by experience.
Who are we?
Riverdale Travel is a 90+ year old, single location travel agency in Coon Rapids, MN. We are looking for dynamic and friendly sales professionals willing to provide amazing customer service while planning and selling dream vacations. New client prospects will come to you via Internet requests, customer walk-ins, and phone calls. These client prospects are often eager to book!
Riverdale Travel is a leading leisure travel agency consisting of Retail and Independent Contractor travel divisions. Our longstanding supplier relationships and volume buying power gives our clients provides the ultimate combination of competitive price and value. This helps our professional sales staff easily book and service a continuously increasing flow of referrals and repeat customers.
This full-time position features aggressive commission earning opportunities and career growth within the travel industry, all while working for a nationally recognized travel agency. The team at Riverdale Travel cherishes their commitment to delivering one-of-a-kind vacation experiences at competitive prices, and with outstanding customer service. We welcome your interest in becoming a valued addition to our family.
Do I get great training?
Riverdale Travel provides the award-winning in-depth training and systems every agent needs to be successful. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds, most with a passion for travel. Most importantly, our team members love to make their clients dreams come true with amazing vacation experiences! With our individualized training & support, successful candidates will become worldwide destination experts within months! You will also have many free and low-cost opportunities to travel the world.
What is the Job like?
Advisors are continually supplied with inbound calls of eager consumers who have contacted us for assistance in planning and booking a cruise or tour vacation. In-House trained Advisors qualify and work with customers to determine their specific needs and match them to a customized vacation experience.
Riverdale Travel Advisors use industry leading booking software to complete the documentation for quotes and bookings. Travel Advisors are also responsible for servicing booked clients from time of sale through departure and ultimately until the clients are back home.
Candidates MUST be able to work a flexible weekly schedule from 8:30 until 5:30pm central time.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent customer service and selling skills
- 1+ years’ experience planning vacations - STRONGLY PREFERRED!
- Must have taken at least 1 cruise or international vacation of 3 nights or longer
- Computer & Internet proficiency including MS Outlook, MS Word, and other MS Office productivity tools
- Highly organized & proficient with detailed documentation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be available to commence employment within 2 weeks of employment offer
Discount & free travel, subsidized medical insurance, paid vacations, holidays & sick leave, and an exceptional 2% company matched retirement plan.