EAT & DRINK
LIKE YOU ARE ON VACATION
Are you needing some new recipes to try?
We are here for you and have our FAVORITES listed below!
Disney Churro Bites
- 1 cup of water
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups vegetable or canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- Combine water, butter, salt, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon in 1 ½-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring pot to rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add flour and stir vigorously until mix forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5-7 min.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350˚.
- Spoon dough into piping bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over saucepan, cut with knife, and drop into hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan with room to fry.
- Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
- Drain churro bites on paper towel.
- Mix sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated. Place on serving plate and serve with favorite dipping sauce.
DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ pound butter, softened (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup plus 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 2/3 cups Nestle Toll House semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¾ cups walnuts, chopped
- Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in a stand mixer bowl on medium speed for about two minutes. 2.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice, blending with mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about two minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down bowl.
- With the mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Don’t overmix.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Portion dough with a scoop (about three tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about two inches apart.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.
- Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for about one hour.
Cook’s note: You can freeze the unbaked cookies, and there’s no need to thaw. Preheat oven to 300°F and place frozen cookies on parchment paper-lined baking sheet, about two inches apart. Bake until edges are golden brown and center is still soft.
Caribe Hilton’s Original Piña Colada
Invented at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan, Puerto Rico back in 1954.
- 2 oz. rum
- 1 oz. coconut cream (signature recipe uses Coco Lopez brand)
- 1 oz. heavy cream
- 6 oz. pineapple juice
- ½ cup crushed ice
Mix rum, cream of coconut, heavy cream, and pineapple juice in a blender. Add ice and mix for 15 seconds. Serve in a 12-oz. glass and garnish with fresh pineapple and a cherry.
Dollywood Cinnamon Bread
For the Dough:
- 1/2 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 3/4 tsp. active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp. plus a pinch of granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsps. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Cooking spray
For the Topping:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsps. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsps. light corn syrup
For the Glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsps. unsalted butter, melted
- 3 to 5 tbsps. milk
Make the dough: Combine the warm water, yeast, and a pinch of granulated sugar in a small bowl and let sit until foamy, five to eight minutes. Meanwhile, whisk the bread flour, remaining one tablespoon of granulated sugar, and salt in a stand mixer.
Add the yeast mixture and melted butter to the flour mixture. Knead with the dough hook on medium speed until it is smooth and elastic, about eight minutes. Transfer to a bowl coated with cooking spray. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about one and a half hours.
Lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Punch down the dough and transfer to a work surface; knead a few times. Cut in half and gently shape into two three-by-six-inch loaves (do not overwork the dough). Place the loaves three inches apart on the prepared pan. Lightly spray the loaves with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place until puffy, 30 minutes to one hour.
Make the topping: Whisk the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small baking dish. Whisk the melted butter and corn syrup in another small baking dish.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two nine-by-five-inch loaf pans with parchment paper, leaving a two-inch overhang on all sides. Cut four deep slashes across the top of each loaf (the loaves will look deflated). Dip each loaf in the butter-corn syrup mixture, turning to cover, then coat with the cinnamon sugar, making sure to get the sugar in the crevices. Place the loaves in the prepared pans. Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture and sprinkle with any remaining cinnamon sugar. Bake until light brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Lift the bread out of the loaf pans using the parchment overhang and transfer to a rack. Let cool in the paper, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the glaze: Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, salt, melted butter, and three tablespoons of milk in a bowl until smooth. Whisk in up to two more tablespoons of milk as needed to loosen. Drizzle on the warm loaves or serve on the side for dipping.
Los Lobos Guacamole
- 5 avocados, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup of onion, diced
- 3/4 cup of tomato, cored and diced
- 3 tbsp of cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp serrano, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- Salt to taste
Cut the avocados in half, take the seeds out with the knife. Remove the pulp from the skin using a serving spoon. In a mixing bowl combine the rest of the ingredients using the pestle. Serve as per video.
Share your creations with us on social and tag #NorwegianStaycation #CruiseNorwegian. Cheers!
- 500ml fresh lemon juice
- 250ml olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Pre-heat the oven grill for 15 minutes before using it. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then grill, turning once, for 20-30 minutes or until the skin is golden brown and the juices run clear when the bird is pierced with a fork. Remove from the grill and, using a very sharp knife, cut each half into 4 pieces.
Make the sauce by whisking together the lemon juice, oil, vinegar, garlic,
oregano and seasoning with salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
Place the chicken on a grill pan and return to the grill for 5 minutes or until very brown. Turn each piece, basting with the liquid, and grill for a further minute. You may need to add a little more oil and lemon to taste.
Remove from the grill and place chicken onto a warm serving dish. This is also delicious served cold at room temperature.
- 1.5 oz. light rum
- 1 oz. Kraken rum
- 2 oz. coconut cream
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 oz. fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
Suggested music while preparing
- Boat Drinks by Jimmy Buffet
Lava flow Instructions
- Mix strawberries and rum in blender and blend until well mixed.
- Place contents at bottom of a tall glass.
- Mix rest of the unused ingredients with crushed ice in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into glass. The strawberry and rum mixture will creep up the sides of the glass, giving the drink its name.
- Serve with straw.
- Orange Peel
Some people opt for the 3:2:1 method with Aperol, prosecco and soda.
I disagree – it’s all about 50, 50 baby!
• Fill tall balloon or wine glasses generously with cubed ice
• Combine Prosecco followed by Aperol in equal parts
• Add a splash of soda (optional)
• Garnish with a slice of orange
Blog Post And More
Lengthen your stay before and after your cruise with FREE Pre- and Post-Cruise Land Programs on select voyages to Asia, Africa, South America and the Pacific for the perfect bookends to your travel story. With FREE Extended Explorations and the amazing FREE Unlimited...
REGENT ’S PROMISE TO YOU As the world moves forward, Regent Seven Seas Cruises® iscommitted to the security and wellbeing of their guests and crew,and they’ll continue to do everything within their power to giveyou the best possible luxury cruise vacation.ALASKAWatch...
The mythical beauty of ancient and hallowed lands is revealed as the morning fog dissipates while you sip your coffee in the warmth of your luxurious suite. Distant dots of emerald green grow and take shape as you approach a verdant archipelago, reclining in the...
Beginning January 26, 2021, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require proof of a negative COVID-19 test or documention of having recovered from COVID-19 for all air passengers arriving from a foreign country to the U.S. This includes U.S....
Tis' the Season – take advantage of our Holiday Sale Promotions. The Gift of Travel goes beyond the material and provides experiences and memories to be shared and cherished for years to come. During these times you have been dreaming out your next big Vacation. Well...
It's that time of year again – take advantage of Black Friday and Small Business Saturday deals, the best time to book your next vacation! Don't miss out on these limited-time offers and let us help you create your dream cruise vacation. Give yourself or a loved one...